Last Saturday, I did my very first and not last mud run. I had a blast and learned a lot about myself in the process.
I decided to make a list of things to do to prepare for the next one. Now, they did email me information about what to bring and how the process would go once you got there but I notice a few things I would do different. Some of the things they will tell you in the email are on this list.
1. Bring a pair of extra clothes. (shirt,underwear,shorts, socks and shoes)
2. Bring a towel (I did not have one)
3. If you have long hair, then you should probably pull it back in a bun. ( I had my hair in a pony tail and it was a pain.)
4. Wear lite clothing that fits to you. ( I wore a large shirt and should have worn a smaller shirt because by the time it got wet and muddy it weighed 10 lbs.)
5. If you are not comfortable having your phone and money in your bag at check in give it to someone you know that is not running. ( My sister and I gave our phones and money to my mom.)
6. Make sure to eat before.
7. If you are in a large group and will have lots of people cheering you on, then try and set it up to where someone will be at each obstacle. That way you have someone to cheer you on and take pictures.
8. My sister pointed out how a girl had a two piece bathing suit on so that she could wash off in that.
9. Make sure to get a good nights sleep!
10.Also, start training for a 5k. I used Couch 2 5k and other programs.
So far that is my list and I will try and add more as time goes on. If you have any suggestions, leave a comment.
** I noticed that my post is showing up when people are looking for what to wear for a mud run. I thought I would post a outfit I thought would be great for one.
Try and wear something that is comfortable but fitting. Remember that your clothing will get heavy with water and mud!!